Ready To Go To Work For You

Pursuing Your Goals In The Arizona Courts

A child custody dispute is always a stressful situation; and it can cause anguish and confusion when the parents involved in the dispute live in different states. Which state’s rules apply? Which state should the case be filed in? If there is more than one option, which is better?

Custody and visitation cases involving parents who live in different states are known as “interstate” disputes. In such situations, confusion often arises as to which state has the authority to hear the case and issue an order of custody or visitation.

Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act (UCCJEA)

The UCCJEA was enacted to help states determine custody in interstate disputes. However, the guidelines are not always simple because not every state has enacted the UCCJEA. It is important you work with a lawyer who is experienced in this area of law. I have helped clients navigate the complexities of the UCCJEA and can help you do the same.

Giving Strategic Advice On Your Options

Depending on the exact circumstances of your case, you may have options when it comes to which state’s courts you will use to resolve your interstate custody dispute. I can advise you on your strategic options based on a detailed analysis of your situation and your goals.

I can help you pursue a positive outcome to an interstate child custody dispute. If it turns out that an Arizona court is not the proper state for your case, I will help you find a qualified attorney in another state.

Contact Me Today

For a consultation regarding your interstate custody dispute, contact my Tempe office at 480-730-5400 or contact me online.